We understand that many users can be worried about bots taking part in the questionnaires, tasks, and experiments.
We’ve collated some great articles that explain many asked about questions about bots — the why, how, and where?
- SurveyBots and How To Prevent Them — Melissa Simone
- How To Stop Bot Traffic — Anura PR Team
- Beware of Form Bots — Anura PR Team
Bot checks already available for Gorilla
We don’t see any evidence of bots on your site, but for those who want to be extra cautious, we have a collection of sample bot check examples on our samples page, found here.
You can choose from a variety of pre-created tasks that can be placed in the experiment tree and act as bot checks to help ease your mind about the quality of data collected.
Bot checks pre-made in Gorilla samples:
- Anagram Task — Click the scrambled letters in the right order to make a word.
- Naming Task — Name the animal in the picture!
- Real Effort Number Counting — Count how many zeroes appear in a grid. This is a classic real effort task. The grid is shown as an image, to make it more bot proof.
- Sentence Unscrambling Task — Click the scrambled words in the right order to make a sentence.
- Visual Search — Can you find the cat among the dogs?
- Rating Scale — Select ‘Strongly Agree’ on a Likert scale.
- Click a Colour — Choose a colour from the list of words.