Bishop Prize 2022
NB: The competition is now closed and all applicants have been notified of the outcome. Thank you for your entries!
Professor Dorothy Bishop retires in 2022. In honour of Dorothy’s contributions to science and her longstanding relationship with Gorilla Experiment Builder, we are offering the Bishop Prize to two PhD students or early career researchers (PhD with < 5 years of post-PhD research experience, adjusted for career breaks) wanting to run an online study with Gorilla’s Game Builder.
We particularly welcome applications that seek to use Gorilla Game Builder to study research questions about language, development, and/or developmental disorders. However, applications beyond these areas are encouraged.
The recipients of the Bishop Prize will receive:
- 1 x Gorilla researcher subscription for 1 year
- 1 x Gorilla Game Builder licence for 1 year
- 1 x opportunity to speak at the BeOnline conference in 2023 to present game-based research
All applicants must submit an application form. All sections should be written for a non-expert audience.
In the interest of open science practices, recipients are expected to:
- Pre-register their study
- Post their task/experiment to the Gorilla Open Materials Repository at an appropriate point
- Contest open date: 28th June 2022
- Application deadline: 12th August 2022 (midnight, anywhere in the world)
- Winners announced: end of August 2022 (TBC)
- Have a read of our Gamified Research Series: Investigating Language Development which is an interview about how Professor Dorothy Bishop uses games and gamified research for both teaching children language, as well as for keeping them motivated in psycholinguistic experiments
- Be inspired by short videos from 8 research project that have used gamification.
- Watch our Gorilla Presents… Game Builder and Multiplayer Webinar which includes a recorded demo of Game Builder in action
How to apply:
Enter your email address below to download a copy of the application form which contains full instructions of how to submit your entry:
“*” indicates required fields