Gorilla Grants 2021
The Gorilla Experiment Builder is offering grants to MSc and PhD students and early career researchers (PhD+5 years adjusted for parental leave) wanting to run an online study.
This is an opportunity to receive a grant to address your own research question (individually or as a group) at the start of your career and to be at the forefront of a new methodology in psychology.
Gorilla Grants at a glance:
- Career stage: MSc, PhD, Postdoctorate and Early Career Researchers.
- Where your host organisation is based: All countries welcome!
- Prizes for Winners: 10,000 tokens in total worth £7,500 (validity 1 year).
- Prizes for Finalists: 50% off voucher for 250 tokens (validity 1 year).
- Come for the tokens, stay for the happiness, prosperity, and everlasting success! Check out how our previous winners have done!
What we offer:
- A Q&A series to help with technical issues, discuss best practicies in online behavioural experimentation, and answer any questions you may have about the grant application and assessment process.
- We will give away up to 10,000 tokens worth £7,500 in total. Depending on the number of applications, we will either award, 20 * 500 tokens or 40 * 250 tokens.
- We know that applying takes time, so every person that submits a complete application and progresses to the lottery but doesn’t win tokens will instead get a 50% off voucher for up to 250 tokens.
You can apply if you are studying for an MSc, PhD, or starting your career in post-doctoral research. For a group application, the group leader must be designated as the applicant and first author.
All applicants must:
- Write up a project proposal (we provide a template).
- Create the experimental protocol within Gorilla.
- Submit the application form (download link will be sent to you after you register below).
Winners are expected to:
- Collect data online via recruitment services (Prolific Academic, etc.) or social media.
- Publish a pre-print or submit an article for publication before March 2022. The applicant should be named as the first author.
- Post their task/experiment to the Gorilla Open Materials Repository at an appropriate point.
- Participate in a spotlight interview to showcase your research on our website.
New to Gorilla?
Get acclimated and don’t hesitate to reach out for help:
- See what Gorilla can do by looking at our support samples.
- Check out our recent BRM publication: Gorilla in our Midst.
- Watch some onboarding videos. or if you prefer reading, check out our getting started guide which explains all the basics clearly and precisely.
- See how other students and researchers use Gorilla in our spotlights.
- Watch our videos from the BeOnline2020 conference to learn all about doing research online.
- Help is only a few clicks away, and we pride ourselves on our customer support!
How to apply:
- Create a free Gorilla account.
- Register your interest using your university or lab email address below.
- Create your proof-of-concept protocol in Gorilla.
- Complete and send your application form to [email protected] together with supplementary materials (CV).
- Contest open date: 6th of August 2020
- Application deadline: (Extended to) 15th of November 2020
- Winners announced: 27th of November 2020